The priests were abducted on March 21 on the Kaduna-Abuja road where they had gone to clear a real estate parcel for the establishment of the congregation theological college and were discharged after 10 days in bondage.
The third ministry, Rev. Iliya Anto was not fortunate as he was discovered dead in the bramble. He was said to have kicked the bucket after he was left in the shrubbery by the kidnappers when his wellbeing condition exacerbated.
The pack individuals identified as Kashimu Shehu, Aliyu Mato, Muhammadu Mamman, Hassan Bello, Bala Mohammed and Ishiaku Kabiru, were later gathered together by agents of the Inspector General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, from their dens in Kaduna and Zaria regions of the North West State.
Two of the suspects, Kabiru and Bello were captured at the naming composed by their group pioneer, Shehu, at Gidan Kasimu, Mai-Yahsi Village, in Dutse-Wai Kubua Local Government zone of Kaduna State while they gave data that prompted the capture of different individuals from the pack.
The group was additionally affirmed to have seized a staff of the Presidential Villa, Abuja and numerous other people who are made to trek for quite a long time into a profound woodland off the Abuja-Kaduna street, to their camp near Tapher village, Kaduna State.
What we saw
Soon after they recaptured their flexibility, the ministers described to the police their ordeal in the hands of the shooters who snatched them. As indicated by Rev Dziggau, on March 21, 2016, he had run with two other pastors to oversee the congregation new site at NYC camp.
"We were about leaving around 4.30pm when two SUVs loaded with outfitted men blocked us. They had numerous AK47 rifles and constrained us to surrender everything we had. They moved us inside the hedge; we trekked for over 60 minutes. One of us, Rev Anthony all of a sudden quit, demanding that he can't proceed with the voyage. We knew he simply had a surgery and had not completely recouped. The furnished men beat the living hellfire out of him for setting out to stop them.
"We begged them that he was wiped out and they at last ceased. They utilized his telephone to call the last number that he dialed advised the individual to come and lift him up. They exited him there and we proceeded with our journey inside the shrubbery. We trekked for up to 24 hours before we got to their camp at Tapher Village. We were kept inside one of the cabins there. There were such a variety of intensely equipped men with their different casualties at various areas. Regular, they continued shooting into the air to alarm us. We were bolstered with little parcel of cooked rice once every day. We were given five days to pay the payment or they will kill us.
"We burned through nine days before they gathered N4million as ransom. The day we were discharged, despite everything they had four ladies with them including a pregnant lady. I can perceive Kasimu who was in control all through our stay there."
Confirming his story, Rev Yakubu Dzarma said that when they encompassed them, he was compelled to surrender every one of his resources which incorporate "N64, 000 money, my Techno telephone esteemed at N78,000 and my shoes esteemed at N20, 000. They requested us into the hedge and we began trekking. The following day, they utilized my wireless to call my better half and gave her three numbers she ought to call. They gave us five days to pay the payoff or they will kill us however we stayed with them for nine days before a payment of N4million was paid to them. When we recovered our opportunity, there were still four ladies in their authority. I can unquestionably distinguish Kasimu because he was prominent and they call him Baba. "
However another casualty, Muhammed Dan Azumi said that his significant other was deserted when his abductors understood that she was eight months pregnant. "I am a government employee situated in Abuja and a local of Nasarawa State. On April 14, 2016, around 5:30pm, I was with my better half and one other lady, Hajara and halted to supplicate at a close-by mosque at Audu Jangwan, on Abuja-Kaduna expressway. When we were about abandoning, some equipped men surrounded us. They later discharged my significant other when they found that she was pregnant. They constrained me and Hajara inside the hedge. They later took Hajara on a bicycle while I was compelled to trek for over 18 hours till we got to an uncompleted building which they utilized as their camp.
"I met Hajara in the camp and she let me know that they had manhandled her severally. They asked for that we ought to raise N10million or they will slaughter us. After some days of arrangement, it was lessened to N3million.
"Following three days, my manager gave them N1million and they discharged us. They additionally gathered N20, 000 that was with me and they caused a profound cut on my head. While we were there, they boasted that Kaduna State representative will be their next casualty and in the event that they get him, they will cut him into pieces."
Their admission
Amid their admission at the police headquarters, one of the suspects, Aliyu Haruna, demanded that he was enlisted by his companion Kasimu Shehu who exhorted him that it is more good to profit through grabbing. "I am a Fulani by tribe, a local of Kaduna State, wedded to two spouses and favored with five kids. After Alamajir school, I landed a position as a security protect at an unadulterated water organization on Yakowa Way Kaduna State. I am likewise into area business with my companion Sani.
"At some point a year ago, Kasimu who was our pioneer called six of us to go along with him in capturing business. The others are Bashiru, Yaki, Musa and Bello. We have one Ak47 rifle and it is with our pack pioneer Shehu. Following the time when we began work, we have picked some individuals and the much that they gave me after every operation was N100, 000.
"On April 14, 2016, we learnt that one presidential estate staff typically came around our range, Audu Jagwan. Fortunately, we were alarmed that he was there to supplicate. Luckily, we discovered him praying along the street and we ordered him to tail us at weapon point into the shrub. I don't have a clue about the individual who gave Shehu the data about the man however we got a payment of N1million before the man was discharged. I got N200, 000 as my offer and the main pretended was to escort the man from the point where he was to the camp where he was kept."
Another suspect, Hassan Bello said that the majority of the cash they got from abducting was utilized to purchase additional dairy animals. "As a herdsman, your riches is measured by the quantity of dairy animals that we have. We barely spare cash in the bank on the grounds that nobody will realize that you are rich. I have around 10 dairy animals and in light of the fact that I expected to build my group that was the reason I permitted Kasimu to persuade me to join his pack.
"I went along with them this year and the main seize that I went along with them to do was the point at which the man from Abuja was snatched. My obligation was to convey cooked nourishment to the camp each day. I was given N200, 000 as my offer after the payment was paid. I was captured by some policemen from Abuja on April 24, 2016 at a naming sorted out by the pioneer of our posse Kasimu Shehu at Mai Yahsi town in Dutse-Wai Kubua neighborhood government region of Kaduna State."
Not mindful that police had enough proof to nail him, Kasimu Shehu the affirmed posse pioneer continued demanding that he is honest. "I am Fulani by tribe and a local of Mai-Yahsi town in Dutse-Wai Kubua Local Government Area of Kaduna State. I went to an Almajiri School at Peleke-Tasher Tsamya town, Zaria, Kaduna State. I have more than 40 dairy animals which I am raising at Audu Jangwan town on the Abuja-Kaduna street. I am not part of the abducting pack as my companions; Aliyu Haruna, Hassan Bello charged.
I am not the pioneer of any pack. I am not among the group that grab the ministers or a staff of the Presidency. I don't have any Ak47 rifle as affirmed however I have a privately made firearm which I purchased from one late old man who lived in Kauran Wali-Makarfi Local Government Area of Kaduna State. I am utilizing the firearm which I purchased N600, 000 to ensure my cows. I don't have a permit for the firearm.
The privately made firearm is with one Mathew for repairs at Tunga Sabo town, Rigina, Kaduna State", he deplored. The Police Force Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Kolawole, who affirmed their capture, said the suspected hijackers, who have been threatening Kaduna and Zaria towns of Kaduna State will soon be summoned in court. "The IGP has commended the Force Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and other Police agents required in the capture of the suspects for their devotion and professionalism, while endeavors are progressing to secure the escaping members of the posse."

No comments:
Post a Comment