A 32-year-old suspected telephone hoodlum, Idowu Nojeem, who worked around the Computer Village in Ikeja and who apparently beat a policeman has been captured and charged to court.
Nojeem had on Tuesday, supposedly assaulted a police sergeant, Oladipo Adetunji, who had gone on a reconnaissance stroll around the Computer Village. The suspect was later captured by the same policeman, who he had prior assaulted, before he was given over to the RRS group under the Ikeja Bridge.
An onlooker who talked on state of secrecy, clarified: "I was with the Police officer when the suspect compellingly expelled the telephone from his front pocket. The Police officer was on a reconnaissance mission in the zone yet was not in uniform. I saw a man moving towards the Police officer however he never knew he was a policeman in light of the fact that the man was not in uniform.
"As he drew nearer to him, he beautifully secured his face with a daily paper, and expelled the telephone from his pocket. As I remained close to the officer when the occurrence happened, we were all stunned that somebody could have such an impudence to ransack while numerous passers-by were moving.
"Promptly, the policeman suspected that his telephone had been expelled, he pulled the suspect by his shirt yet the suspect said he ought to overlook his telephone that it's no more. He began beating the policeman before we could isolate them.
"The Police officer still held him tight with his trousers. When clearly he was picking up a high ground, the movement superintendent and other policemen close by, ventured into particular them" the onlooker said.
As per Adoh Nneka, whose telephones were stolen by the same man, "I was attempting to board a transport to Ogba, when I located three folks including the suspect, strolling close to me. The suspect was discontinuously drawing my sack from behind yet I held my pack tight with me. I didn't know he has utilized an extremely sharp edge to cut the sack and took all my two telephones a Techno F5 and P5.
"Quickly I turned and checked my sack, my telephones were no more. One of the bystanders, who saw the suspect when he was expelling my telephones, pointed at him. I was all the while remaining there seeking after assistance to come. Luckily for me, I saw a group at under scaffold taking a gander at some individual. When I drew nearer to realize what was going on, I saw the same man (suspect) being cuffed by the police for taking a RRS agent's telephone."
The picture creator responsible for the state police order, Dolapo Badmos affirmed the capture of the suspect to Lagos Metro and emphasized the dedication of the police in the state to lessen wrongdoing to its barest least.

No comments:
Post a Comment