Pandemonium ensued at Celestial Church of Christ (CCC) on Unity
Street in Abule-Egba, Lagos, when a prophet set a member ablaze during
service.
The victim, whose identity was given as Madam Bosede, is currently nursing the pain in a hospital.
It
was gathered that the prophet in his sermon claimed he got a revelation
that there was God in their midst, adding that if the woman was set
ablaze she would not suffer burns.
Madam
Bosede, who joined the church a month ago narrate how it happened :
“Our prophet said the spirit of God whispered to him that I would not
burn if he sets me on fire. When I came out, they poured kerosene on my
body and set me ablaze. But, unfortunately, I was burnt beyond
recognition and before the other church members could get water, the
deed had already been done.”
However, the cleric claimed that he
clearly heard a voice instructing him to set a member on fire to prove
and confirm that God was in their midst.
“I heard the voice
clearly, but I don’t know what happened after we set fire on her. God
has been speaking to me since and it has been working, so I wonder why
now,” he said.
Some members, however, left the church, doubting
their prophet’s credibility, adding: “We cannot worship here again, who
knows who the spirit will ask him to burn next.”

No comments:
Post a Comment