Thursday, 17 December 2015

House maid and elder brother in police net for robbery.

                                Image result for nigeria police arresting a woman
THE Lagos State Police Command has arrested a housemaid who robbed her madam of cash and valu­ables worth several mil­lions of Naira.
Also in Police net is the elder brother to the house help.
The housemaid, Chidima (other names withheld) and her brother, Emma, indi­genes of Ebonyi State are being detained at the Spe­cial Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) Ikeja.

Chidima who Spoke with Daily Sun said: “I actually committed the robbery. I waited for my madam to leave for office and I ran­sacked the house. I collect­ed expensive things, such as, laptops, tablet, Ipads, gold, phones and money. I then called my elder broth­er to meet me somewhere and handed everything to him for sale.
“After handing over the items to my brother, I re­turned home and raised the alarm that robbers have raided our house. My madam believed the story and even treated me think­ing that I may have been injured. I was crying all through and Madam was pleading with me to stop crying so that I won’t break down.
“Sir, I must confess, I did it to raise money for my mother’s surgery. She has been sick and our Doc­tor charged N500,000 for the treatment. I begged my madam to assist me but she said she had no money. I have tried many of our rela­tives, none was willing to help and my brother kept disturbing me with phone calls. The harassment was too much for me to bear, hence, I decided to remedy the situation by robbing my madam.
“I may not have told my brother that I robbed my madam, but where did he think that I got the things I gave him to sell? I am a housemaid on a monthly salary of N20,000. My brother should stop blam­ing me, after all, it was his mistake that put us in this mess. I successfully per­fected everything and my madam had no iota of sus­picion that I did it.
“Instead of selling the items my brother started using the Tabletops and it was through his foolishness that the police tracked and arrested him. I was shocked when he was brought face-to-face with me. Let him stop crying and admit what we did. Let us carry our crosses. My only re­gret is that my mother is still sick and we have been subjected to ridicules. If I had known, I would have allowed things to work out their natural ways.”
His elder brother who was weeping like a baby said: “She did not tell me that she stole the things. She told me that her madam gave her the things. I was so happy and told her that I should thank her madam for the gift but she prevent­ed me. She said her madam does not like people show­ing appreciation when she does good things. She is my sister, so I believed her. Now that I know the truth, I will never trust her again. I want the Police to forgive us as we are first offend­ers.”

No comments: